There is an old Eddie Cochran song with the title Summer Time Blues – which laments the fact that “there ain’t no cure for the summer time blues.” Around Trinity that “ain’t” a song that we sing. Summer is an incredibly active, exciting and vital time of ministry.
So far this summer:
• Our Cross and Flame Youth Choir traveled to London, England on choir tour where they sang at our mother church, Wesley’s Chapel. I had the opportunity to hear them in their final London concert at Loughton Methodist – they did us proud!
• Drew Holland has just returned with a group of young adults from a mission trip to Panama where they were involved in medical and construction projects. I understand that a dental team saw around 65 patients.
• Last week, we had 35 senior high students at SOS in Memphis, TN – a home repair mission – where they roofed houses, painted, and did construction to make these homes more livable. A second group of 115 youth will follow in July.
• Also last week, 26 older elementary students participated in Trinity Day Camp. At the same time last week, there were art camps going on at the church, and over the weekend 11 families with children participated in Sumatanga Sleepover. This week, our younger elementary children are involved in a Sumatanga Day Camp.
• Throughout June, Trinity has been worked on building a Habitat House for the Toler Family. More than 180 Trinity members have been involved in this build and more that $45,000 has been raised. (It is not too late to give!)
• Our Senior Adults have been busy…including many day trips and a trip to Atlanta.
Still to come this summer is a Volunteers in Mission trip to Bolivia, a second student team will go to Panama, Vacation Bible School (378 kids registered so far!), and Venture for older elementary. Music and Basketball Camps for elementary students will take place along with a Mid-High Mission trip to ARM. Of course, all this is in addition to our regular weekly worship and small group schedule.
Behind all of these numbers there is story upon story, and layer upon layer of what God is doing in the lives of people through the ministry of our church. We are able to share the good news of Jesus Christ, and join Christ in transforming the world because of you. It takes hundreds of servant volunteers to do this scope of ministry, and it takes your active financial support. Because of you, Trinity is invested in changing lives.