1) Schedule your fasting. If you are not accustomed to it, consider eating a heavier meal prior to fasting.
2) Read through Matthew 6:1-4, 16-18, 25-34.
3) In the place of the time you would have spent eating, locate a space with limited distractions, and spend that time in silent meditation, reading scripture and prayer for yourself and others.
3) Take the money you would have spent on the meal and set it aside for our Lenten offering that will offer help feed the hungry.
5) Allow your hunger pangs to remind you to pause and offer a prayer that you would hunger and thirst after God’s righteousness.