What is JOY in Serving?
JOY (Joyfully Offering Yourself) in Serving is Trinity’s holiday mission program. JOY is a season of giving and serving and many of the opportunities available connect directly to one of Trinity’s Mission Ministries that you can continue to serve with throughout the year. The JOY opportunities below prived entry-level serving opportunities through our ministry partners. We encourage you to find one that best suites you, your family, and your schedule and pray about continuing to serve these ministries year-round.
- Sign up to serve food for one of the Thanksgiving meals that will be served at Jimmie Hale Mission to those in the community (Thanksgiving Eve, 5PM, Thanksgiving Day 10AM, 12PM, and 5PM).
- Pay for a Thanksgiving meal for as little as $1.95 (Give online here).
- Serve a meal at Firehouse Shelter (Nov. 30 at 4PM and Nov. 29 at 11:30 AM).
- Sweet Potato Crop Drop THIS Saturday, November 16th starting at 9AM. (This is part of the Community Food Bank’s Produce in Pantries program distributing over 430,000 lbs of nutritious produce across central Alabama in 2013).
- Bake yummy treats for Homebound Trinity members and Trinity members in the hospital.
- Choose a tag off the Angel tree and shop for Christmas gifts for children. This year all of our families are from the West End where we are involved with Urban Kids, Community Church Without Walls, and the Community Garden.
- Donate used toys, linens, furniture to the Community Furniture Bank (tax donation).
- Talk to your neighbors, co-workers, friends, and family and see if they have an used laptop to donate to the Community Church Without Walls (tax donation) for some individuals in pursuit of higher education. They are in need of 12 laptops.
To volunteer at one or all of these ministries and to learn more information about these great opportunities to serve, contact Brittany Arias at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Check back for additional serving and giving opportunities to be posted each week throughout the JOY season.